(NOTE: If you would like to request an interpreter for a professional development event at Columbus State, please contact Nichole Bowmanglover at firstname.lastname@example.org or 287-3989.)
Course Name: Online Faculty Orientation
Course Number: FDFO
Course Begins: 8/14/2013 9:00 AM
Course Ends: 9/21/2013 5:00 PM
Course Location: CT 107
Course Duration: 920 hours
Instructor: Rich James
Regsiter here to request enrollment in the online faculty orientation.
Who should participate in orientation?
- All new faculty, full-time or adjunct.
- Adjunct faculty who last taught at the college before Spring 2014 semester.
- Any faculty recommended to take orientation by their chairperson or lead faculty for their program or area.
(NOTE: COLS 1100/1101 courses have their own orientation. Contact Gary Piggrem, Chair of Psychology, COLS instructors are encouraged to review the online orientation but cannot be paid for completing it.)
Full-time faculty -- tenure track and annually contracted -- have in-person meetings before Autumn semester and throughout the year. You will be sent information about these opportunities.
The self-paced orientation is located here: http://cscc.edu/about/faculty/orientation.shtml
The online orientation will introduce you to global course requirements, reporting processes and campus resources including:
- Getting started at Columbus State
- Academic Policies
- Creating an environment for learning
- Student Conduct processes and support
- Supporting students with disabilities
- Classroom conduct
- Technical support and information security
* Denotes required fields