(NOTE: If you would like to request an interpreter for a professional development event at Columbus State, please contact Nichole Bowmanglover at firstname.lastname@example.org or 287-3989.)
Course Name: Conversation With Distinguished Teachers
Course Number: FOB 01
Course Begins: 9/21/2012 1:00 PM
Course Ends: 9/21/2012 1:45 PM
Course Location: CT 107
Course Duration: .75 hours
Instructor: Rich James
Join our recent Distinguished Teaching Award winners for a conversation about outstanding teaching. Our Distinguished Teachers will share their unique and effective approaches to engaging students, and invite you to do the same. Our panelists will include:
- Melanie Adams M.S., Associate Professor, Early Childhood Development and Education
- Ron Elizaga, Ph. D. Assistant Professor, Psychology
- Daniel Foor, Assistant Professor and TechLINK Coordinator, Automotive and Applied Technologies
- Jonathan Kreger, M.A. Assistant Professor, Social Sciences
This discussion is scheduled in conjunction with the Autumn 2016 Faculty Convocation taking place in the gymnasium. The panel discussion will begin at 10:45 or within 15 minutes of the conclusion of the Convocation.
Learn more about our recent winners at the Distinguished Teaching Award page.
For more information contact Rich James, x 2175.
Each year Columbus State recognizes four faculty for the Distiguished Teaching Award. Award winners are nominated by students and reviewed by a commitee of peers. Selections are based on evidence of excellence in teaching. Criteria for selection include:
- knowledge of and enthusiasm for the subject matter
- establishment of good rapport with students
- course organization and course content, and
- the use of a variety of instructional methods and materials in support of student learning.
* Denotes required fields